Friday, May 27, 2011

The Eat at Lu's Manifesto

I like food.  I like food a lot, and I know that this fact does not make me unique in any way.  I love to cook and bake.  I'm a pesco-tarian (aka a hypocrite vegetarian who breaks the rules and eats fish), but I have a lot of difficulty digesting eggs and milk.  I can eat limited quantities of eggs and cheese, but my desserts are often vegan because I just don't keep eggs and milk in my refrigerator. 

In this blog, I'm going to post my own culinary creations and disasters.  I'm also planning to write restaurant and product reviews.  In the last few months, I have been craving red meat - even though I quit eating mammals over 16 years ago - so I'm going to try some of the available meat replacements over the course of this blog.  I've already tried some that I have absolutely loved, and others that left a taste in my mouth so disgusting that it was if Satan himself had defecated on my plate.

I'm currently a grad student in cultural anthropology with emphasis on food and food cultures.  This means two things: I am probably going to be incorporating things that I have learned into this blog and sometimes I eat a lot like a college student.  There are times when I'm eye-crossingly busy and will I eat whatever I can get my hands on (canned soup, ramen noodles, frozen enchiladas).  I hope to write about that too. Being a student, it may be difficult to keep up with my blogging during busy times.  I will try my best, but there will be days when I may not be able to post.

I may be a tree-hugger, but I am not interested in preaching about vegetarianism.  The primary goal of this blog is to talk about good food.  If I inspire you to try some meatless meals, hooray me, but my real hope is that I inspire you to try some GOOD food.

Feel free to offer suggestions, ask questions, and make comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment