Saturday, February 13, 2016

Episode 3 - Seven Seas Casserole



Since it's officially Lent, I thought that I would cook up some tuna casserole.  This recipe was originally developed by Minute Rice in the mid-1950s.  It appeared in Time Magazine in 1955 and on the back of Minute Rice boxes starting in 1957.  I initially found the recipe in Ceil Dyer's book Best Recipes from the Backs of Boxes, Bottles, Cans, and Jars which was published in 1979.  While cooking, I talk about the different types of food preservation and the history of canning.


The original advertisement/recipe published in time magazine.

I found the recipe in this book.


After the first 10 minutes in the oven.  Doesn't it look appetizing?

So many peas.
One plus side of this recipe is that there was minimal mess.
Like us on Facebook!  Eat at Lu's: The Podcast

No comments:

Post a Comment