Friday, December 9, 2011

Candied Pecan Recipe



A few years ago, my internet Secret Santa gave me homemade candied pecans. From that day I hated my Secret Santa for introducing me to the most wonderful concoction known to man and then dropping out of my life as if this exchange meant nothing to him.

I finally tried to make my own.

Ingredients

1 egg white
1 Tbsp water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups of pecans
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt

Preparation

Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.

Put the sugar, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt into a resealable plastic bag. Shake to combine.

Put the egg, water, and vanilla into a bowl and beat until slightly foamy. Add the pecans and stir to coat.

Lift the pecans out of the bowl with a fork or slotted spoon and shake to remove the excess egg white mixture.

Add the pecans to the bag with the sugar and spices. Shake the pecans in the bag until they are well coated.

Bake the pecans for 30 minutes on a baking pan that has been lined with a silpat, parchment paper, or lightly buttered/greased aluminum foil. (For God's sake: Do not forget to line you pan or you will regret it.) Stir halfway through baking.

Let cool completely before serving.




  

No comments:

Post a Comment