Thursday, December 1, 2011

Vegan "Juggalo" Cupcakes Made with Grape Faygo


This cupcake makes me feel like I just gave birth to Rosemary's Baby.  This recipe is an abomination which is best left forgotten.  Faygo does not belong in cupcakes.

But since it's part of the world now, I might as well share the recipe.

These cupcakes turned out delightfully moist with a subtle grape flavor (consider using a full packet of grape Kool-Aid to boost the flavor).  They are actually quite yummy... even if they are the spawn of Satan.

I frosted them with a basic cream cheese frosting that I souped up with 2 tablespoons of Rose's Sweetened Lime Juice, a packet of lemon-lime Kool-Aid, and a quarter cup of powdered sugar.  Sorry, I didn't measure exactly because I used an old batch of frosting as my base.

Ingredients
They are more purple in person
1/2 cup coconut oil, warmed until liquid
1/2 cup demerara sugar (or raw sugar)
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
1 cup Grape Faygo (warmed to room temperature)
1/2 cup rice milk (warmed to room temperature
1 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon grape Kool-aid (1/2 of a packet)
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

Preparation
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a muffin pan with 12 paper baking cups.

Beat together the coconut oil and sugar.

Mix in the rice milk, Faygo, and cider vinegar. Add the vanilla extract and Kool-Aid.

Add the baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix until well combined.

Slowly incorporate the flour taking care not to over mix.

Portion out the batter into the pre-lined muffin pan. They don't rise a lot, so I filled the cups almost to the top.

Bake for 20-22 minutes.

Makes 12 cupcakes.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment