Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Vegan Vanilla-Chai Frosting Recipe


I designed this recipe to go along with my Vegan Vanilla-Chai Cupcake Recipe.  Not a huge fan of vegan margarine, I tried to substitute the vegan margarine with coconut oil.  The results were mixed (it tasted a lot like lightly-flavored fondant), so this is the best that I can do for now.  If you can think of a suitable butter substitute, please enlighten me.



Chai-Buttercream Frosting
1 cup vegan margarine, warmed until liquid
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3 cups powdered sugar
1 ¾ tsp garam masala
1 tablespoon coconut milk

Melt the margarine. Add the powdered sugar and beat in the vanilla and coconut milk.

If the frosting is still thick, add a few more drops of coconut milk.

Makes about 2 cups of frosting.



No comments:

Post a Comment